Saturday, October 15, 2011

What is Success in our Life?

The balace of relationships and material success...


Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – (Albert Schweitzer)
“There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.”- (Peter Drucker)
“The secret of success is constancy to purpose.”  (Benjamin Disraeli)
How we define success has a significant impact on a myriad of choices in both our personal and professional lives. Our definition of success can affect on educational choices, choice of employer, work environment, career attainment, financial resources, relationships, family commitment, and life satisfaction. Personal success may be viewed differently from person to person. However, we assume people are successful on traditional yardsticks of success such as wealth, prestige, and power. 




 What is success in life? How do we define success? Is it in relationships or career? We should highlight the importance of balance between material success and  relationships.
 
 I think “Success means what in life I am working toward.” Overall, I believe that I will have achieved success when I reach the end of my life and I have no regrets in terms of ego integrity. I mean I will have done enough over my lifetime to be at peace with myself in the end. It's probably safe to say that all people work towards this sort of end.

 As the old saying goes, “Success breeds success.” I will cherish each success on each stage of my life whether it would be big or small and keep the balance between general success criteria and self-satisfaction.



No comments:

Post a Comment