Thursday, September 22, 2011

Connected... Marshall McLuhan centernary symposium

        
       I’m sure that all of you would be familiar with the sentence, “The medium is the message!” by Marshall McLuhan. He also said, “The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global village” Needless to say, it is amazing that he predicted how new media would have transformed the way we live our daily lives about 30 years ago even before any technology related the internet invented. I think technology itself won’t maintain neutrality anymore. I feel like as if I have proved his words trustworthy not through witness but through real experience. It’s because I’m having the galaxy phone on my right hand and net-book on my lap all the time. “Have you ever faked a restroom trip to check your email? Slept with your laptop? Or become so overwhelmed that you just unplugged from it all?” The narration in the movie,  “Connected”, seems to talk about my life. I bet all of you guys are on the same page.~~^^ I’m going to see the preview screening of Connected, which is one of programs of “A Marshall McLuhan centenary symposium”  in Fordham University this Sunday. The panel discussion among media professionals will be followed after the movie prescreening. I’m looking forward to it. “Connected” will be released in October, in America. I’m not sure when it begins screening in Korea, though. However, I can highly recommend it to you! )

No comments:

Post a Comment